Developing Skillful Techniques
Managing vast amounts of information has become the demand of the twenty-first
century. The management/supervisory team can help their staff navigate
this road by creating a learning organization. The communication competencies
acquired in this session will enable participants to create a team environment
in which it is possible to maximize work efficiency and productivity.
The art and science of communications have been a major component for
success in organizations. However, the difference between the science
of hearing and the art of listening is frequently misunderstood. "Hearing
is a word used to describe the physiological sensory processes by which
auditory sensations are received by the ears and transmitted to the brain.
Listening, on the other hand, refers to a more complex psychological procedure
involving interpreting and understanding the significance of the sensory
The purpose of this session is to develop effective communication skills.
The management/supervisory team will identify work situations that currently
cause difficulty in communication and will apply the techniques learned
to solve them.
By the end of this program, participants will
- Listen more accurately to the needs of co-workers,
- Build more effective communication techniques,
- Improve skills in giving direction,
- Learn how to proficiently handle employee objections,
- Give and receive feedback,
- Integrate the knowledge gained into their conflict resolution activities,
- Understand communication as a method for proactively eliminating or
reducing the potential for error.