Organizations face futures of ongoing change and uncertainty. Yet they
often see the future through individual perspectives, missing global pictures
that could prepare them for a proactive planning approach.
The Scenario Planning Technique is a disciplined method that is be used
to plan for an organization's future in relation to market trends and
environmental uncertainties. It allows planners an opportunity to gain
a varied perspective with which to plan the goals and objectives that
will direct future actions.
By the end of this program, participants will be able to
- Identify common trends that influence their business or department,
- Explore key uncertainties that define the culture in which the organization
- Identify the major stakeholders,
- Pinpoint the key challenges for the immediate future of the organization,
- Develop initial scenario themes that check for consistency and plausibility,
- Establish action plans that will be effective in various scenarios,
- Go beyond objective analysis to include subjective interpretations.